Actionable data. Measurable results.
The Labor Market Information (LMI) on this website is built to be understandable and accessible to multiple audiences. Whether you are an educator, a workforce practitioner or an economic developer, the goal is the same: to produce a strong workforce and a thriving local economy.
For more information on data sources, click here.
Explore Workforce Clusters in Each NYS Region.
Finger Lakes NY
Aggregate Cluster - HealthcareView data
Certified Nursing AssistantsView data
Clinical & Medical Laboratory TechnologyView data
Dental AssistingView data
Dental HygieneView data
Entry-Level Healthcare SupportView data
Licensed Practical & Vocational NursesView data
Radiologic TechnologyView data
Registered NursingView data
Surgical TechnologyView data
Applied Integrated Technologies/MechatronicsView data
Electrical Engineering TechnologiesView data
Mechanical Engineering TechnologiesView data
Optical Systems TechnologyView data
Tooling & MachiningView data
Aggregate Cluster – Applied TechnologiesView data
Automotive TechnologiesView data
Construction TechnologiesView data
Heating, Ventilation & Air ConditioningView data
HVAC: Solar Thermal TechnologyView data
HVAC: Technologists & HelpersView data
Advanced manufacturing companies specialize in high-volume parts production, short-run assemblies, complicated engineering designs and/or automated manufacturing process jobs. The occupations in this field all center upon improving the performance of industry through the innovative application of technologies, product design and production.
- Aggregate Cluster - Manufacturing 3 Regions
- Applied Integrated Technologies/Mechatronics 2 Regions
- Electrical Engineering Technologies 2 Regions
- Mechanical Engineering Technologies 2 Regions
- Optical Systems Technology 1 Region
- Tooling & Machining 2 Regions
One of the most challenging segments of the workforce for employers to staff with talent are the applied technologies. Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning, Automotive Technologies, Construction Technologies, and Welding all provide a promising career paths. These middle-skill occupations need an influx of new talent.
- Aggregate Cluster – Applied Technologies 1 Region
- Automotive Technologies 1 Region
- Construction Technologies 1 Region
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning 1 Region
- HVAC: Solar Thermal Technology 1 Region
- HVAC: Technologists & Helpers 1 Region
- Welding 1 Region
The health care industry provides services to treat patients with preventive, curative and rehabilitative care, and contributes to a significant part of this country’s economy. The modern health care industry is divided into many branches and depends on combining teams of trained professionals and paraprofessionals to meet the health needs of individuals and populations. Health care includes an immense assortment of careers dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease, illness, injury, and other physical and mental impairments.
- Aggregate Cluster - Healthcare 1 Region
- Certified Nursing Assistants 1 Region
- Clinical & Medical Laboratory Technology 1 Region
- Dental Assisting 1 Region
- Dental Hygiene 1 Region
- Entry-Level Healthcare Support 1 Region
- Licensed Practical & Vocational Nurses 1 Region
- Radiologic Technology 1 Region
- Registered Nursing 1 Region
- Surgical Technology 1 Region
Information & Computer Technology
Information technology is the engine of successful businesses and industry. Computers are a part of almost every job, and they have to work and talk to one another efficiently in order to detect and prevent cyber security attacks. This industry remains one of the fastest growing career fields in the United States. Employment in computer systems designs and related services is anticipated to grow dramatically through 2020, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. While new technologies and economic sectors continue to develop, this growth requires an increase in the number of skilled technicians within the field.
Feel free to contact us to learn more about our initiatives or how we might assist you in meeting your specific needs.